Review! Venomous Secrets by Anne Renwick

 

Venomous Secrets 
By Anne Renwick 
Audiobook release date: 11/03/21

About the book:

Cait McCullough, venom expert, is trouble personified. Bored with exploring the possibilities of her unique biology in a laboratory, she longs for excitement. And investigating a vicious fanged creature who stalks its victims by lamplight in darkest London offers the perfect opportunity. Working with a handsome, unmarried agent? A delightful bonus.

Jonathan “Jack” Tagert battles enemies shrouded in darkness. While chasing suspects was once second nature, impending blindness threatens his line of work. The timing couldn’t be worse. When a deadly attack upon a lord at his brother’s engagement ball connects to a string of odd murders, the hunt begins for a seductive predator.

Bound together by societal scandal, they must trace the creature’s past. Every clue spirals them deeper into peril as they struggle to separate fact from myth. As the venomous truth slithers near, the fight to survive draws Jack and Cait ever closer. With lives on the line, and time running out on Jack’s dimming vision, the pair must untangle a mystery to stop the body count from rising.  

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57699454

Links:

Kindle: https://tinyurl.com/VenomousSecretskindle

Audible: https://tinyurl.com/VenomousSecretsAudible

My Review!

Murders, mysteries, and deadly snakes, oh my!

Science fiction meets steampunk, meets paranormal mystery! I enjoyed Anne Renwick's unique way of tying in superficial scientific research with a cloak of mystery, and suspense, all topped nicely with the perfect hint of romance. The storyline kept me intrigued at what would happen next, and when you think you knew the plot, Bam! A twist of delicious secrets took hold and shocked me in the best way. I could not put this down!

Murders are happening in the area and the suspect resembles a suspicious creature one would call a vampire.

Our heroine Cait is a fan of studying snakes. She is strong, resilient, adaptable, and ready for anything. Jack is bold, inquisitive, and very much a Queen's Agent, a detective of high ranking stature.

Gary Furlong has been a go-to narrator for me and once I heard he had this title I knew it would be more than enjoyable. This was my first book by Moira Quick and certainly will not be my last. Both narrators tones, emotion, and sense of understanding the plot were exactly what this title deserved.

This was an enjoyable first time listen by Anne Renwick and now I'm hooked! I've added the few other titles to my TBL!

*I was given this ALC for my honest review.




Comments